ACIE Scottish Conference 2019
Celebrating 20 years of supporting best practice in Independent Examination
Overview: Join us in Perth to celebrate our 20th Anniversary and update yourself on all things Independent Examination (IE). This event provides an opportunity to reflect on the contribution Independent Examination makes to good governance and financial transparency. In addition, our workshop programme will give you a chance to update your skills and knowledge, whatever your level of experience.
Who should attend? Anyone who carries out, or who is thinking about carrying out, Independent Examination. This event will also be of interest to Charity Trustees, Treasures and Finance Officers.
If you are new to IE, this event is great chance to ‘test the water’ and learn more about the roles and responsibilities of an examiner.
If you are already carrying out examinations, this event can help with your CPD, update your knowledge base and refresh your skills. Our event is an excellent opportunity to network with other examiners.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Gareth Morgan , The Kubernesis Partnership
- Shirley Otto, Trainer & Consultant
- Margaret Birse , Tangram Accounting
- Jenny Simpson, Wylie & Bisset
- Tom Mitchell, CGPM consulting llp
- Neil Dickson, Charity Accounts Practitioner
- Alasdair Millar, ICAS
- Michael Brougham, member of the SORP committee and long standing member of ACIE launching the new IE Workbook
- Regulatory update from OSCR
- The history of IE and its future
- Governance issues for faith based charities
- Understanding charity governance
- Risk assessment for charities
- Charities, Tax & Trading
Pricing: Until 9th July 2019
ACIE Members ‘Early Bird’ £120 - ACIE VIE ‘Early Bird” £66 - Non-Members ‘Early Bird’ £155
Pricing: From 10th July 2019
ACIE Members £155 - ACIE VIE Members £85 and non Members £180
Book online or email firstname.lastname@example.org